Washa Community School in Zambia
Itawa Round Table No. 16 and Siksha Foundation embarked on a joint project to build a 1×4 classroom block in Washa Community, Masaiti District, Copperbelt province, Zambia. The initiative to build a community school came up with the view to provide school shelter for about 96 students who had been learning in deplorable condition as a result of failure to walk a distance of 7km to the nearest government school. The project goal was to provide a conducive learning environment for the underprivileged children and give them a promising future for many years to come in the said area.
- Bought tools for construction site
- Paid for procurement of cement from Zambezi Portland
- Bought quarry stones and dust from Nizam Crusher Ltd.
- Bought building sand
- Drilled a borehole and had the hand pump installed
- Excavations and earthworks
- Footing and slab block work
- Back filling with laterite
- Compacting and concrete pouring for concrete slab
- Supper structure block work